RCU Forums - View Single Post - NORVEL News (bad news)
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:31 PM
eniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NORVEL News (bad news)

I'm kinda disappointed, not so much in norvel/sig, but in the few 1/2A guys around. I don't spend a ton of money on this hobby, especially in the 1/2A realm. I think these are the most cost effective machines in the game, and I'm willing to spend the money on a key component of a great 1/2A plane.

What did I buy my Norvel .074 for? 65 bucks shipped? 70 maybe? I don't even remember, it was a 50 dollar engine.

I'll pay 100 bucks, 120 bucks for a quality engine, size of the engines should not be involved in the price. My engines seem to last a long time (I've been flying RC for only about 3 years, still have all my engines, they work fine, even with a little bump or two), and I'm willing to blow a little cash on a good one. Airframes come and go, but engines (pending you don't junk them into the ground regularly) stick around.

It's hurts when my 'toys' as some people put it, are undervalued. I spend a good amount of my 'alone time' making my airplanes 'just right', they are a source of fun, and pride, its a classy hobby. It hurts even worse when a company who sells a chunk of our hobby says 'eh, our customers are cheap clowns, do not bother making a quality product'. If the Norvel was available at any price, people will buy them, it will just be a little more prized and loved.

eniac