RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jett quickie on a Shrike
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jett quickie on a Shrike

Shrike update!!!

I ended up making the wing panels 1 1/2" shorter each to get the ribs to line up to my satisfaction. This only changed the wing sweep two degrees, so the CG should not be a problem.

The ribs are 1/4" thinner at the high point on the root rib and 1/8" on the tip rib. All ribs taper to the supplied leading and trailing edge stock.

I am going to use small outboard ailerons as seen on the Stingray in my first posting. I have fabricated rails for aileron servo mounting. I am using Hitec HS-125MG thin wing servos. Servo arms exit out the bottom of the wing. They are short arms and close to the trailing edge, so ground contact on landing should not be a problem.

All the wing sheeting wood was as hard as my kitchen cabinets. I replaced all of it with contest wood from the local hobby shop. I am fully sheeting the wing. I think, at this time, that I am going to glass and paint, but that could change. {I paint for a living}

6OZ. Tettra tank.

Received my Tru-Turn Ultimate Spinner today. This thing cost as much as a sport .40 engine!!! However it is a machining work of art!!!

The imagineering continues.

Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80471.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	672347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24597.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	672348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53556.jpg