RCU Forums - View Single Post - How can I report this guy on RC Universe?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 AM
air-madness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How can I report this guy on RC Universe?

Geez, some people! Yeah, I would never purchase ANYTHING from a non-reputable source unless there is a consensus that the selling party is trust worthy. For example, RCU is reputable, but, as you have found out, the selling party using RCU's reputation is not. This is common practice among those seeking self benefit; a prime example is online auction sites such as eBay.

The laws for some 'crimes' are not applicable in your instance. If you were in the U.S., and there was the clear intent to fraud you, you could file a complaint with many of the pertaining federal agencies; Intersate commerce laws would apply (federal offense) since the transaction, if legitamate, would have been one that took a process of crossing state borders; the amount of the transaction also pushes the element of the crime to "grand x" since it is over a certaion amount of money (generally 500 dollars). In this case, since the seller is U.S. citizen, the rules apply to him explicitly. You should be able to get your money back, heres how:

(1) Contact RCU of the problem;
(2) Contact the Attorney General for the state in which the seller resides (where the sale took place);
(3) Contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and file a formal complaint on the grounds that the seller is selling goods across sate borders (Interstate Commerce) and is presumed to be not paying taxes on his earnings (this will turn his world upside down - bigtime);
(4) Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and file a complaint (there really isn't much they can do since the seller is presumed to not have a tax I.D., but they WILL contact him a demand a response);
(5) Even contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and report him (once again, little will they do, but they WILL contact him);
(6) Contact PayPAl as well.

Lastly, keep a hard copy of ALL the emails/communications; keep money tranaction slips (receipts etc); simply be prepared.
Under federal law a person has 30 days to send items which have been paid for in full. If there was no mention of any further delays of the sale item, he has to refund the money or give due notice of the event and explain to the seller the reaons why. The buyer, if beyond any reasonble shipping timeline, has the option of allowing the seller to ship, or get funds back.

-Phil