RCU Forums - View Single Post - DRATS! I just HATE it when HE's Right!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:44 PM
BillyGoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DRATS! I just HATE it when HE's Right!!!

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

IMO, it is the newbie's place to work himself into the group and become a part of the crowd. Other than some friendly help, NO ONE there owes newbie anything until newbie pays his dues by becoming one of the group.
What type of frat house hazing do you put a new member thru to prove his allegiance to the flying brotherhood in your club?

The attitude of... “This is my club and you must prove worthiness to be accepted” is the type of bunk that drives many newcomers to the soccer fields to fly or away from this sport all together.

I’m one of the charter members of our club and just because I have 20+ years of sweat into making it what it is today, provides me no more of a privilege than the fellow that is still waiting for the ink to dry on his membership card.

A club's chemistry is much better when established members treat newcomers as if they are already part of the group. Beginners that feel welcome right away put forth more effort, sooner towards the good of the club.

Your attitude Horace is wrong in so many ways I’m hoping that it is truly not your belief and you posted it jsut to get some spirited dialog going.