RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger ACC Boat
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 09:08 AM
pompebled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger ACC Boat

Hi Ryan,

The new TT ACC seems to have a GRP hull, I haven't been able to find out wether it is Epoxy/glass or Polyester/glass.

I would prefer the first.

As for quality; I expect it to be a better designed boat than the MRP/TT Voyager, which, though a teriffic good sailer, has a number of flaws in the kit, that make it unsuitable as a first boat.
Unless ofcourse, you want to put the customer right off RC-boating....

Here in Europe the boat will not be in the shops for a few months, prices will be around €250,00, that's roughly twice as much as the Voyager, so the boat will have to be better (not just better looking) to be worth it.

Judging by what little information is available, the ETNZ is a typical modern AC boat, considerably narrower than the Voyager (215 mm beam), but just a tad heavier, with (imho) heavy aluminum mast and booms versus the light carbon rig on the Voyager.
I guess she'll have a similar narrow wind-window as the 1:1 boats, typical light to medium weather.

But she's a looker!

Hopefully there will be an unpainted version availble in future, otherwise matchraching two of these boats will get very confusing...

Regards, Jan.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44550.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	678068