RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Bob Upton should be inducted into the Hall of Fame
Old 05-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why Bob Upton should be inducted into the Hall of Fame

Hello Terry:

That certainly makes for a sad day. Bob Upton was a Master of Masters and a gentleman's gentleman. A sad day for us all as he will be sorely missed. Sorry Robert and Mark, it's not so much your Hobby Shop that I missed but the visits with Bob were the big miss when the store closed.

Terry, the form for nomination to the Hall of Fame is http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/152.pdf. I think the nominations are due in Feb/Mar. That needs a check-out at AMA. It requires a lot of work. The Committee is listed in the AMA Members Only Section.
The nomination is good for 3 years and can be updated each year. I have nominated 3 persons over some 20 years. 2 were inducted on the 2nd time and 1 was passed over 3 times. SAD! Runs a big warbird show just west of here each Sep. U-no-who.
You know Jerry Nelson of Nelson water-based paints. He would be a great reference for getting Bob in the HOF. Maybe Robert should give him a call.

So sorry for all Bob's relatives. Gentle Winds West and Rest in Peace, Friend.