RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troy Bilt 25cc
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 PM
rcflyerds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Troy Bilt 25cc

So I picked up four of these engines because they sounded like fun to play around with and at the right price. Got everything that's not a model airplane engine stripped off (staying with a mag ignition for now to see how it runs) but I'm a bit puzzled about carburetion. The stock carb is a Walbro WT 675, single needle. When I took the carb and spacer block off I was surprised to see that there is no pressure pulse hole in the head. The carb and spacer block both have such a port as do the gaskets, but there is no matching hole in the side of the head to feed pulses to the carb. The carb itself has no pressure line, so I'm wondering how it functioned, but more to the point, when I replace it with a two-needle carb, how will the new carb get the pressure pulses it will need to work? If I need to tap the case for a pressure line, whereabouts would be the best place?

And speaking of carbs, based on what I've been reading on RCU I'm looking at a WA 167 or WT 624 as possibilities. Anyone in the know care to advise me as to the "appropriateness" of either/both of these? At some point soon I will also have to pester someone for a muffler for this guy, so pointers in that direction would also be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

PS: RCIGN1 - any more news on the one you converted to ignition?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86743.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	678887