RCU Forums - View Single Post - What’s the best Electric plane to learn 3D with?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 AM
gt5500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What’s the best Electric plane to learn 3D with?

ORIGINAL: Air Wolf

Well, I’ve had a look at the planes suggested here and I think I’ll go with the AirfoilZ Edge 540. The E-Flite YAK 54F looks like it would be a good one too to train 3d on but I’m sold on the Edge.

Charger?
What charger do I get? I need something that will charge Li-polys, NiCd’s and NiMH’s. I want to be able to charge all my transmitters and receivers with it. I’m not a very serious competitive flyer so I don’t need something really expensive but still something descent and something I won’t easily ruin my batteries with.

We have a guy in our club who’s a pretty serious flyer. He fly’s electrics, glows, and his preference turbines. He suggested I should stay away from the Triton charger even though it can charge all kinds of different chemistry's, but he figured it was far too easy to make a mistake and wreak your battery packs with it.
What made you pick the airfoilz over the zoom/sniper? I am not trying to soend you money or anything and I understand that the edge is a great plane, its just that you wanted a 3d trainer and the zoom/sniper are made from EPP which equals a stronger plane, since you are going to have a lot of bumps learning 3d its definately a plane I would consider, if you just plain prefer the airfoilz then go for it you will be very happy.