RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troy Bilt 25cc
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:41 AM
rcflyerds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Troy Bilt 25cc

buck 1856:

Thanks for checking your engine, and for the info about the starting pawls. Your comparison of this engine to your echo 24cc really sounds encouraging. In one of the attached pictures you can clearly see the lack of a pulse port on my original engine. At least one of the other three I have DOES have the port, haven't checked the other two yet. Now that you've so favorably compared this guy to your echo I'm even more excited to see what mine will do (if the summer honey-do projects that are showing up don't slow me down too much!).

foamcut:

I've attached a couple of pictures comparing my 25cc troybuilt to my 26cc Ryobi 4 stroke, and the size difference is remarkable. There is just a tad bit of difference in the weight as well-the troybuilt as you see it without carb and muffler weighs 2 lbs 9.4 ounces, while the 26cc 4 stroke weighs a whopping 5 lbs 6.2 ounces WITH muffler, carb and mount-just short of a 3 pound difference as you see them in the pictures. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll pm you some other links about the 26cc.

Now to all - no one has as yet responded to my question "what carb should I put on this troybuilt?" Anyone??

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47585.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	680200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hy33903.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	680201