RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Electric ... what is it?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
johndou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Electric ... what is it?

ORIGINAL: Flypaper 2

I still have the T 33 and another one, new ,still in the box. Be carefull as it is a brush type motor and won't last long on 11.1 volts lipo. and made to run on 8.4 volts. Would be very tail heavy also. The nicad fits up in the nose to the end. The fuselage is molded to fit the ducted fan unit so it can't be moved forward as is. With the kit that I have I was planning to cut the fuse. about two ins. further forward to fit the fan unit and install a brushless motor. One of those to do projects. It is a nice flier as is, just a little low in the speed department. Loops and consecutive rolls horizon to horizon are no problem, just not a speed demon, but then neither was the real one
Thanks Flypaper. I haven't been able to find much information on this one. Could you answer a couple of questions I have?

Where's the CG?
The documentation that I have been able to find calls for an 8 cell nicad pack of 7.2 to 9.6 (1700 mAH). But, I'm finding lots of 7 cell packs that fit that same bill. Will the 7 cell pack cause CG problems?
Would the NiMh battery be a better fit for this one?
Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;
john