RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 10:28 PM
damifino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

I don't know if you've thought about it so here's a tip for the scaling in your photos. Get a white or yellow folding carpenter's rule and modify it like this: Using black electrician"s tape or black paint, cover every other inch segment of the rule for 3' or 4'. Simply lay or hold the rule against your photo subject to include it in your shot. The black segments' contrast to the color of the ruler show up extremely well in the pictures and you have the scale references right there on each photo. There you have it, instant scaling regardless of the size of the picture. Just perfect for e-mailing to your friends!! That's how the plastic model car designers do it in the field. I helped Revell/Monogram do some race car stuff a few times.

I'm most interested in the sheetmetal portions of the WACO YMF; access panels, luggage compartment and the engine cowling's access panels and rivet detail. Also interested in cabane and interplane strut end-fittings. Oh yeah, landing gear details too! And the landing lights and tail marker light and, and, and..........