RCU Forums - View Single Post - My New Cermark F-20 Tigershark
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 AM
shawnkappner
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett Basher

Now Now Now lets not get too upset at Mr. Jett basher just yet...

I purchased the Jett .50 Sport with the larger muffler option for additional rpms and ran it up on a test stand to break it in and got some decent results with the 9x7. I installed the motor in the Tigershark and read Mr. ledd4u's comments and had to take it for another spin in my driveway using a 9x8 and 9x8.5 which are the props I intended on using all apc. Unfortunately Mr ledd4u wasn't that far of the mark.

9x7 18,650
9x8 17,500
9x8.5 16,400

So far the folks at Jett have be nothing less than outstanding to deal with. When I originally spoke to Dubb Jett, he advised that I should get over 18,000 rpm (Which to me means 18,100 TO 18,200) with an apc 9x8 prop. I read a lot of posts and saw no reason to not believe that this rpm was very attainable on 15% fuel. I was a little suprised when I didn't get close and at the huge rpm drop when I went to the higher pitched props.

I just e-mailed Jett with my results and asked them if possibly I am doing something incorrect or if they could look at the motor and make it "on par" with the rest of their high quality products.

The above numbers are by no means shabby for engines in that general size/ The engine otherwise runs get. Very nice transition and nice idle. However, for the extra $$$ I expected a little more. I have not lost hope!!! I expect Dubb will come through for me. I will keep folks posted.

Hey Wayne, I'm glad the Cap is still doing well. It's good to hear from you.

Shawn