RCU Forums - View Single Post - CALLING ALL "TAURUS" OWNERS.
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: CALLING ALL "TAURUS" OWNERS.

Sorry I never got back with a performance review on the W/H Edge and Taurus combination. This thread moved back a ways and I was too busy to look for it. Bottom line is that they are a perfect match.

Weight came in a bit over 16 pounds with the Edge and engine. Concerning performance, all I can say is wow! I had to adjust the timing on the engine a little. This one slipped out with the timing hub set in the wrong place. Funny, but the engine even pulled good with an incorrect timing setting. Took about 30 minutes to fix but after that it was as good as it gets.

The Taurus spins a Menz 22-8 at a consistent 7,500 rpm. Beautiful throttle response and perfect mid range and transitions. Tuning was super easy and I have not had to touch the needles since the original tune. RPM with the Xoar 23-8 was in the high 69's and low 7's and very loud. Once again the best 3D performance was with a MSC 22-8. The plane is literally a rocket out of a hover and low speed performance is just great.

It's a great combo and one I would do again. I don't believe there's a stronger 50cc engine available, or one that is as easy to tune or as dependable in all rpm ranges.