View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 04:33 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My favorite hobby store

Originally posted by SDCrashmaster
Dear Mister LHS.......

....so I guess I am to blame for the demise of your business. Feel free to give my phone number to all your past regular customers as I am sure they all have a word or two to say to me, now that they no longer have their favorite store to go to.

Good Luck,

I. B. Callous
I am just sitting here dumbfounded by this post. I mean, you can't be serious.

*sigh*

Businesses are in business to do one thing....make money! Businesses that stay in business despite not making money are called charities. If you can be in a business, doing something you love....and still make money, you are truly blessed. I just don't understand why people are so adamant about supporting a business that has high prices, nothing in stock, and employs people that don't give a rat's ass! Oh, wait...now I remember...they sell hobby stuff. Businesses have to earn our patronage...not the other way around.

HS's with good stock, fair prices and friendly people should be supported. Any business that has those things should be supported.

SDcrash is making the huge assumption that a HS of that caliber (i.e. worthy of patronage) is reasonably close to greenboot....in a most arrogant way. Even if there is, it's his money, he can spend it any way he chooses. And he's not the one *****ing about having to get stuff mail order!

I have always hated the argument that a HS
deserves my money simply because it's open. I work very hard for my money, and I spend a lot of it on this hobby (just got into turbines....ouch). Only people that work equally hard will get it from me......regardless of where their business is located.

Tell all those guys that want to call and blame someone for the closing of the crappy LHS....they can call me....I'll tell them they are all idiots for spending their money there.

Sorry I ranted so long......

Bob