RCU Forums - View Single Post - My favorite hobby store
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My favorite hobby store

SDCrashmaster,

Well (if a little indelicate) put. While I don't have an attitude that LHS will get my business no matter what, I'm smart enough (and observant enough of history) to figure out what happens when small businesses (read a-m-e-r-i-c-a-n-w-a-y) are pushed out in favor of the Wal-Marts of the world. As soon as all the LHSs are out of business, and the people (and families) that they supported are doing 'something else' [have you considered an exciting career in electronics?], the items that they carry are going to go to pot quality-wise. They'll stop buying good products and go for cheap knock-offs to 'minimize costs', then you'll be paying a penny less for some cheap crap that costs half as much for them to make than you were for the good stuff. All across America, there are entire towns and cities where practically the entire workforce works for WalMart, for minimum wage or close, and unfortunately, many of these people used to be Small Business employees (and in some cases, even owners...) I know that's the way the country seems to be going with this new 'world economy', but I hate watching it happen in our beloved hobby.

Sorry, but I'll take face-to-face human contact whenever I can get it. Anyway, Paul's right--what are you gonna do when you need a plug or a prop RIGHT NOW, and the LHSs are all bankrupt?