RCU Forums - View Single Post - AK Models Su-27 with push/pull configuration
Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AK Models Su-27 with push/pull configuration

ORIGINAL: Strykaas

Thank you Bob for your input [sm=thumbup.gif]
Actually I did not even know that weston was selling big beasts. Talking about price, the BSE Jett .90LX (including VAT) is 20% cheaper than the Jett weston 91 [X(]. I would favor Jett's durability & user feedback, even if I haven't heard any negative durability feedback for these weston beasts (though I have, for the .50).
Dollar is weak these days. The difference between the OS91 + Jett muffler is actually not that big... I'll have to think about it seriously
What is the performance difference on this Jett90LX between 0% nitro and 15 % (btw is it the recommended nitro percentage ?) ?
Thx

PS : What is TLC ??
Yes, I looked up the price conversion chart in Yahoo just for info on the Weston engines - The US dollar is terrible right now.

The 90LX will run fine on zero nitro if you choose. It can run on any fuel you wish. The key is, you will lose a few rpm. With an 11x8 or 11x7.5 you will be fine. Figure you will see a 700-800 rpm drop on the ground.

The engines are specified with 15% fuel, mainly because that is what we run for the racing engines, and we use that fuel in just about everything (except my OS160.... it definately liked 5%).

There are quite a few Jett engines over in Europe running zero and 5% fuel . If possible, try for at least 5% if you can. Helps the idle a bit.

If you know it will only see zero-low nitro, Dub can snug the head down a few mils.

Bob