RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal-FW190A8

The Royal kits are great quality. Aluminum cowls for radial engined planes and every one I've seen or owned had the full cockpit kit included. I've built two and sold one Corsair kit just recently. I now regret that. The Bearcat is the only one I've actually flown and it flies, to use an overused cliche', like it's on rails. Also, it is very light without retracts and flaps. It could easily have handled both without being heavy.
The Mustang was my first nearly 20 years ago and is just a little overweight but it was one of the first planes I ever built. I stilll have it. I never flew it due to some inexperienced builder issues with poor internal control surface linkage issues. It is fixable though.
I've always wanted the Fw-190 and would still get one if I ever get the opportunity. I've gotten outbid on several over the years.
The DO pop up on eBay regularly. They are truely builder's kits and I suspect there are literally thousands out there molding in people's closets.
My Bearcat below...I haven't flown it in years because I was taking a break from the hobby until very recently.
The only real issue I've had with them is that the water transfer decals are super delicate and take much skill to get them applied without ruinous results.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58703.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	689603