View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Please help me get started

ORIGINAL: mmattockx

Guys,

The guy has been flying for a year and you are pointing him at Jett stuff? He needs to learn to walk first, then run...

Steven, you are flying a Super Sportster with a 55AX. Nice combo. If you want to try some cheap speed, get your Scat Cat and put the 55AX in it. It is not really a speed engine, but try a 9x7 on it and it will still scream some and the Cat will be far faster than your SS. If you want to buy a new engine, the Thunder Tiger 46Pro is a great, low cost engine. Combined with a Tower Muffler, or better yet a Jett Stream or Ultra Thrust muffler it will easily get your Scat Cat up to 120mph or so. And it will idle and transition very well. When 120mph feels slow, then get a Viper or other Q500 airframe and go balls out for a Jett and you can easily get 150mph with that combo. By the time you have adjusted to the TT46Pro/Scat Cat combo, you will know if you want more speed and if it is worth the $$$ to you.

Mark
Now that's the kind of advice this fellow needs, and you beat me to it ;-). I don't think he's looking for high end engines yet, just some reasonable speed thrills on a moderate budget. Either of the above combos will get your blood pumping if perhaps not boiling. Then decide how much you want invest in speed later. For now, these are sensible options IMHO.

MJD