RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models planes
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models planes

I hope the tank stopper is going to be ok. My friend Greg (taught me to fly in 2002) who has a 1/3 scale Pitts, did the first flight and trimmed it. He did a few landings and I could see that this was no floater. Anything below half stick, and it gets goofy. It does not like to fly slow at all, and it needs to come in really hot or it wants to tipstall. I tore the landing gear off on my third landing when it got away from me and it went off the pavement. The mounting block was not glued in good at all, and came out cleanly, so we simply 6 minute epoxied it back in. No other damage to the plane at all, so it was back up for more landing practice. After about 15 or so landings, I got to where I could grease em in every time. This little Pitts is a blast, but ya gotta hold your mouth just right, and be quick on the rudder stick to land it and roll out smooth and straight, and I have a feeling that this is going to be my main flyer. With the Saito 56 on there, it gets good mileage, and it's the most exciting plane I have ever flown. Greg said if I can land this Pitts, I should be able to land just about anything. I won't put the wheel pants on until I can land it in my sleep. Yep, this one has full wheel pants, and solid wing struts, and has no brand name anywhere. lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16229.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	691165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24194.jpg
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	691166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54999.jpg
Size:	177.0 KB