View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Myhre
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: velineon or mamba

ORIGINAL: cheech4

ORIGINAL: BigMic69

Some of you can't even get the price right, so how can you even speak on anything technical. I'm also sick of hearing this 'Over Gearing' stuff, cause every setup out there has been over geared at one point or another.

Around $330 for the whole truck and $180 for the BL system.

Why don't you look at the pro's instead of the con's?

1. The ESC has better numbers than my Quark 125 and run's ANY motor.
2. I thought a KV rating does nothing by itself, you have to match it with a power source & gears to equate to anything.
3. They've had the opportunity to view all the faults of the other BL manufactures.
4. The connectors look like modified deans (other than a Tamiya, how can you bash a connector anyway).
5. Castle can't even their motor right for the MMM, so that should tell you that it's not as easy as boiling eggs.
6. They've even beefed up some parts, that for anyone who has ever raw-dawged a BL system can appreciate.

I'm pretty sure the 70 mph mark was reached from extreme testing with no over heating issue's, so basically they're saying that it is possible.
geared to the moon 31 pinion and 73 spur to reach the speed advertised, i sincerely doubt that it will operate at normal temps.
lol, 31/73 would be way overgeared in a touring car with a stock motor. crazyness. oh, but I'm sure they're getting normal temps...maybe they were confused and thought it was okay for a esc/motor to run as hot as a nitro.

I'm just being mean for fun. I'm sure traxxas won't throw something out there that won't perform to the specs they released. They can't do that, right? I just wonder how they've figured away around cogging without sensors. Since sensors are the only theoretical way to eliminate cogging 100%, since the ESC has to "sense" the position of the rotor at all times to prevent any cogging.