RCU Forums - View Single Post - easystar pilot wanting to branch off in p-51 direction
Old 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM
chemdragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: easystar pilot wanting to branch off in p-51 direction

Thanks for all of the advise guys. When I first got interested in flying I had a P-51 picked out when I contacted a club. The guy that became my instructor talked me out of starting with a P-51. Thank God!!! I had to glew my easy-star back together a couple times so I would have had a pile of foam right away! Since then I have developed a more realistic approach to working my way toward that P-51. I think I'll go ahead and take the high wing route for now. If nothing else it will be a nice addition to my "hanger." The buddy of mine with the cub also had a GWS Beaver that he's going to let me pilot. He also thought maybe a bi-wing, WWI style plane. I perked up right away on this as it seems like a nice stepping stone while keeping with my warbird spirit. Any suggestions on these planes. I kinda like the ElectraFly S.E.5a. or the GWS Tiger Moth. Let me know, I'm loving the responce. (This is my first thread.)