RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showing off my Italian heritage
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 10:42 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showing off my Italian heritage

rc_sport

While your Italian heritage does tend to give you some "immunity" over using certain terminology some others here of similar ethnic background might not appreciate it as much. Better to keep that off RCU along with the associated controversy. There actually was a D word and a W word but who's counting

Well, rc_sport, i'm kind of in the same boots as you are. Discrimination and wrong judgments come in many forms. I recently made a reply to being proud of my German heritage by showing the swastika on my models. ( Scale warbirds, that is).
I caught flak all over the place by some guy's who call them selfs Americans, wonder if they served in south east asia or any other place where freedom needed to be enforced? I doubt it! Guy's like that don't have a place in our forum, we are not dictators or judge by where you come from, we are simply man and woman who love to fly model aircraft.
BTW. : the only real American is the native American Indian, all the rest of us came from some some other country.