View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 06:38 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EASYTIGER

Originally posted by Sport_Pilot
Back a few years ago I would have agreed with you about OS being a better engine. But now aday's with insta peal liners and other quality problems I'm not sure they are better quality than K&B. And I have never never seen ANY ABC engine take a couple of gallons of fuel to break in. The longest I have seen is my ThunderTiger .46 which took almost half a gallon before the black crud stopped coming out of the engine. OK Ok come to think of it it took almost that much on an ASP 90 two stroke, but then it sucks twice as much fuel. You getting the ABC and ringed models mixed up are you not? Even OS ringed engines will take a couple of gallons to break in!

Let's not get into the whole peeling liner and blue OS thing. It's been beaten to death. As I see it, even OS makes mistakes now and then! But this is a topic about K&B's, so put the subject to bed.

My experience has been different than yours with the break in. Every K&B has taken a lot of fuel before it would idle. Every OS, ringed or ABC, has not.