RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT40 w/pipe
Thread: TT40 w/pipe
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Destiny-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT40 w/pipe

I have a Viper with a TT40 & 9x6 apc, 424 set up. This was my first Q500 type plane so I just went with a basic cheap set up. I love the plane it's a blast to fly and fast. I have an untouched full pipe laying around and i'm thinking about bolting it on. My question is, what prop to tune for? Right now the 9x6 is giving about 16.5K bone stock. I would like to use the tuning information that Jett recommends.

Dub says to pick the prop you want to fly with, then go up one size in pitch and tune the pipe on that. When that prop is maxed out on the pipe you go back down one size pitch to your flying prop, and the tune will be just right for that prop now.

I'm using a 9x6 now stock....so this means I would need to set the pipe on a 9x7...then go back down to a 9x6 to be on target for the pipe...I'm trying to figure out what flying prop to set this up for?
If the engine has a pipe now, maybe I should tune on a 9x8 and fly with a 9x7? What flying prop will give me most speed with this set up? Pylon props are ok too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
Russ

sorry so long