RCU Forums - View Single Post - cermark F-16 pulling hard right. Help!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cermark F-16 pulling hard right. Help!!!

ORIGINAL: The Flying Shreder

Thanks again. I know they pull a little to the right on the ground but this was ridiculous. I had full left rudder on takeoffs and it was still aweful squirly. Come to think of it I had quite a bit of left contols on landing to get her in straight but it wasnt nearly as bad as taking off at full power. She really wants to pull right when the motors turning up. I imagine I ll have to really balance it out now since the crash will throw it off a bit.
Make absolutely sure the elevator/stabs are properly matched/trimmed, and that they have exactly the same amount of throw.
If the incicence on one stab is off, the plane will roll. The stabs are more effective in roll at low speeds than the ailerons are.
(since you noted that takeoff is an issue, low airspeed and up elevator control is involved... just as with landing apparoch.... this is something I would most definately check)

Also.... this may sound semi-insulting.... but Ive done it myself.....
make sure the control throws are correct direction on rudder and nose stearing.

Normally a plane with pull to the left on takeoff requiring a bit of right rudder (due to engine torque, or P-factor).
If it is rolling right, that has less to do with engine power and is more likely aerodynamic .... definately check the wings for a warp, and check the latteral balance as was noted.