RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:19 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Wow, sorry about the crash. I'd build another one if I was you. As a rule, in general it takes me three builds of a new design to work out the bugs and get it flying right. The dual boomer took me three builds and it looks like the Mustang is going to take three as well. I'm hoping my build-to-success ratio gets better as I get more experience under my belt. The Big'N might just take this first build, but I already know I'll need to build another if I want it to look pristine, since I've already chewed it up a bit with my modifications to things such as the original coruplast being taken off. While on that subject, does anybody know a good way to smooth over missing chunks of foam when you apply the tape? My best idea yet is to use gorilla glue to fill and smooth in any voids and tape over.

I've dented lipos pretty badly and they've worked fine. So long as there are no cuts in the material covering the cells. I've been told the cells are covered by three layers of the material but don't know that for sure. Just charge it in the open on a cement floor outside and see how it goes. If you do decide to destroy the pack you are supposed to cut both battery leads (one at a time) as close to the pack as possible, then throw it in a pale of salt water (half a cup to a gallon I think) and let it soak for a week or two. That should drain the pack to dead (electricity conducts through the salt water). Suprisingly, after that's done you can throw it in regular garbage without the need of special disposal from what I've read...but could be wrong.