RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transmitter not sending full throttle
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
vega2614

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter not sending full throttle

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the situation where the transmitter's full throttle setting is not full throttle for the motor. For example, I push the throttle stick all the way up, but the motor only spins at 80% of full speed.

The reason I am posting is that my new brushless motor is giving about half the thrust it should, so I'm thinking maybe the transmitter is not sending true full throttle to the ESC/motor.

Is it guaranteed that if you listen to the motor at full throttle with trim all the way down, and then increase the trim, and you don't hear a difference in motor RPMs, it means your transmitters full throttle is motor full throttle? In other words, if changing trim at full throttle does not change motor RPM, does that mean the transmitter is definitely sending full throttle?

On my new brushless motor (2408-21T), I hear no difference between trim down and trim up full throttle, but on an old brushed 380, I do hear a difference. In fact, the stock transmitter that came with the RTF kit with the 380 (SDM Cub) causes the motor to give higher RPMs than my other transmitter (E-Sky Lama), even though they give the same max RPMs for the aforementioned brushless motor.

Do some ESCs come with a programming option to set true full throttle? Why would the brushed ESC give difference performances between transmitters but the brushless ESC exhibit no difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.