RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who else has one?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Grampaw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who else has one?

I had one once but I never saw it fly. The day I got it a friend and I went to a vacant lot to fly it. I got first launch. After all it was mine. I really stretched that launcher to it's limits while listening to my friend cautioning me about it. I was gonna show him a great flying airplane. I let it go and for some reason I turned my head away clamping my eyes shut tight as it slid past my head with the speed of a Sidewinder! A few seconds later I opened my eyes, looking up to watch it fly...but it wasn't up there! It wasn't anywhere! I asked my friend what happened and he didn't know either, 'cause when he heard the noise he shut his eyes and ducked too! Some Spotter! Turns out neither of us saw the launch, and we never found the plane either! We scoured that lot inch by inch. We checked the roof of his house. We found no fragments of a busted airplane, nothing! All I had left was that danged launcher! Finding no busted parts, we convinced each other that it climbed out of sight and the wind carried it away. I had a sore right ear for about a week that must have been from the left wing panel clipping me as it swung out going up past my head. I never got another one.