RCU Forums - View Single Post - any really "failsafe" ways to fight interference?
Old 06-16-2007, 01:29 PM
mikemcnair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any really "failsafe" ways to fight interference?

well, i was in good shape, then it went nuts again. here is a post i put in the Mamba thread.........

i am having a weird issue. here is my setup.......

mamba 25 ESC
mamba 8000 kv motor
thunderpower 3s lipo (11.1v, 1320 mah)
Spectrum DX 3.0 rx/tx

i just got the car running after some interferance issues (thanks to the specturm, i am now able to drive) and i had it out for ~ 10 minutes. the car was perfect!!!!

then, out of nowhere, the car started going in reverse, and would not accept input from the Tx. it finally got stuck in tall grass, so i was able to pick it up, and sure enough, the little red light on the ESC was in red/reverse mode, and the car kept going. i turned the switch off, and it still kept going. so i had to unplug the battery to get it to stop (which is no small feat with an 8000kv motor going at full tilt)

i unhooked everything, and re connected it. BAM, totally fine..........for about 30 seconds, and then the same thing: reverse at full speed, and ZERO input from the Tx.

any ideas? my guess would be that my ESC is fried, but it is weird that it works fine then gets messed up.