RCU Forums - View Single Post - Digital servos shake uncontrollably when radio testing.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
jmehl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital servos shake uncontrollably when radio testing.

With tx and rx on, fully charged batteries (4.8v 2500mah rx), five digital futaba servos , I can walk around the pits and when the radio antenna is postioned at exactly the right angle and elevation ALL the servos will flicker absolutely uncontrollably without my thumbs even on the sticks. This is not random...if I find the sweet spot usually standing 10 feet away with radio antenana pitched at 45 degree facing the plane I can make my servos spaz out....

Has to be something adjar...I do have several extensions and I am in the process of soldering all extensions and Y -harnesses just for good measure....

The question I have is could the battery be influencing this at all? I orignally had a Futaba 4.8 600 mah battery pack velcroed along side the rx and the glitches were sporatic but occured once in a while during flight just enough to keep me concerned....I built a 4.8V 2500MAH battery and used 20 guage speaker wire to install it in the rear of the plane since I had 1.5 ounces of lead in the back anyhow that I could replace with batteries. The battery wire runs inside the fuse along side the rudder extension, and 2 elevator servo extensions and parallel to the rx antenna which is inside of a tube about an inch higher than the rest of the servo wires and battery cable. Prob the most critical thing is the battery is installed right along side where the rudder and elevator servo wires are connected to the 12 inch extensions. Despite having this issue, I took the plane up and when angles were "right" I would momentarily loose control of the plane while the servos spaz out for a second or 2....it was really bad guys...only 5 seconds in and I already lost control. I mange to land in a field after takeoff without harm to anyonw or anything.

ANyone have a suggestion? Like I said I am soldering all my extensions and using shrink wrap around each solder. Hope that helps.