RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cermark F16 propjet CG WARNING for new owners
Old 06-17-2007, 06:47 PM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cermark F16 propjet CG WARNING for new owners

Here is another update from further flight testing on the F16. The addition of 1oz in the tail was positive, the plane now does not drop the nose much coming out of a 45dg bank with addition of 1oz tail lead after getting the CG balance at 7.25". I will now say the CG range should be 7 1/4" to 7 3/8" range. That's my 2 cents for my style of flying propjets. Plane still landing a little hot with my OS91 having trouble staying lit below 2700, would be much better/slower when I can get it down to 2200 idle. But bird can come in nose high easily. Elevators rates now fixed at 7/8" full deflection and 50% expo more than enough for nice landing flare and jet-like takeoff from grass. Be careful of too much elev as noted above. First attempt of using flaperons was not good. 1/2" deflection at half throttle caused plane to dive, not climb as expected. Will try again with flaperons on dial instead of switch to test different deflections. Will not need flaperons to take off from grass. Plane sits nose high already, easier to take off than, say the Patriot XL. Oh yeah, it's a little faster than my older/bigger version F16 with Jett90L combo. Just my 2 cents.