RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Slo-V: My Story
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 AM
EvolPenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Slo-V Propshaft Help

Yesterday, I go to a local (not so much) Hobby Shop and purchase a new propshaft (yay!). I ask for some help installing it, then figure it out with some help on another forum. Today, being excited, I wake up at 7:00 to go fly in the local forest preserve. I get there, it all seems great, but the Elevators are even more downturned then before. Luckily, my brother and I manage to find a screwdriver in the car that works, and we fix the Servos so the Elevators are flat. By then, it's becoming closer to 8, and it's getting windy. Being the beginner that I am, I decide to fly anyway. Of course, I decide not to fly high (I still have a fear of flying my plane too high, I'm not sure why), and a gust of wind smashes it to the ground 5 seconds before I'm going to hand the TX over to my brother. It was hard battling the wind, and now I have more things to repair [] The propshaft seems ok, but the Tail is ripped in half and was thrown away from the plane, but I did recover it. Also, does anyone know a good way of running out a battery, or should I just plug it into the plane and let the motor run?

Alex