RCU Forums - View Single Post - how insane would adding 2 hobby rockets to a trainer be?
Old 03-05-2003, 03:01 AM
shill
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how insane would adding 2 hobby rockets to a trainer be?

If you like the sound of rockets and airplanes buy a rocket launched Glider I have an aerotech phoenix rocket boosted glider it is pretty cool to watch the lift off. It is covered by the AMA but they limit the size of the motor that can be used to a G size motor.
As to the using the wires from the amp of the servo it will not work you have to use a mosfet and a couple of other parts and modify the setup to use a 12 volt small car alarm remote battery to light the igniter for the rocket motor I have a design for this. I fly High power rockets also and have a 2 channel attack futaba radio modified to set of ejection charges for parachute deployment in rockets manually instead of using the motor or in a cluster motor rocket if something goes wrong it lets you deploy the chute early if needed and also alows for a dual deployment system for closer recovery of the rocket. As for placing the motors on thw airplane or firing rockets from the plane this is prohinited By the AMA unless the planes means of propulsion is designed for a rocket motor.

Steve