RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Slo-V: My Story
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Leo L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Slo-V: My Story

Alex,

As you discovered, the bracket that holds the servos is not anchored to the fuselage very well. Drill a hole through the bracket and through the fuselage and install a larger diameter screw. Don't bother trying to adjust the tail surfaces until you have anchored the servo bracket.

Don't bother with the stock battery or the low rate settings. Use the 7-cell battery (same battery as the J3), set the wing all the way forward to compensate for the extra weight of the battery, and use the high rate setting only (even for your brother).

I thing that you are getting the NiMh battery confusewd with the NiCd (which you probably used on some R/C cars.) You do not need to discharge the battery because it has no memory. Whenever you are done flying, charge the battery all the way. Then, if your next flight is more than 12 hours since the charge, give it a peak charge just before flying. The chargers that come with the planes are pretty lousy. They have a tendency to give false peaks, so that your battery may not be fully charged when you think that it is. If you expect to continue to fly, invest in a decent charger. In the long run it will save you time, money and frustration.