RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q. about elevators for Skyartec / Art-tech / Parkflyer Cessna 182 (pics) *help*
Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 PM
ironfistx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q. about elevators for Skyartec / Art-tech / Parkflyer Cessna 182 (pics) *help*

So I ordered what I thought was the 4 channel Parkflyer Cessna 182 off of eBay. When it came, it was made by Skyartec, but from looking at it I assumed that it was the same plane as the Parkflyer and Art-Tech model. The only difference I could see initially was the ID number on the plane was different (N9528 vs. N9258).

So we're building it, and it comes time to install the horiztonal stab. The first thing I noticed is that the horizontal stab is shaped differently from that of the Parkflyer version. It's basically the same thing, except there's a notch in the front. I assume this is to help secure it into place. We had to make the cut in the fuselage above where the horizontal stab goes in order to get it in, same as with the Parkflyer and Art-Tech.

Ok, now here's where I'm concerned. If you look at the ParkFlyer version, you can see that the slot for the horizontal stab is shaped like a spoon at the end. This allows the elevator to go up and down (pic borrowed from the review on this site):

The cutout for the elevator on my plane does not look that way. It only has room for the elevator to go down (you can't see that part in this pic, but you can see that there is NO room for the elevator to go up):

So I'm wondering, a) is this just horrible design? b) should I manually remove some of the styrofoam so there elevator has room to go up? c) does this plane have very sensitive up elevator and so they did this to compensate?

Skyartec's website is under construction, so I can't find any info there.

I was assuming that if I needed replacement parts I could just order them from Parkflyer, but seeing these differences makes me think maybe this isn't the case.

So does anyone have the scoop on Skyartec? Does anyone have any advice about what to do with this elevator?

Thanks.

edit - as we're building this plane we just realized that it has a steerable nose wheel! The instructions that came with it were horrible. There is no mention at all of how to even install the wheels (you have to take the cowl off to install the front wheel and use extra pieces that were in a bag, altho this is not mentioned at all in the instructions). It came with an extra control arm and the rudder servo has two arms, so we realized maybe the other one is to control the front wheel! So that's another marked difference between this one and the Parkflyer/Art-Tech. I'll try to get some pics and possibly a vid before we fly it tomorrow.