RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR8103 no middle flap setting
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR8103 no middle flap setting

ORIGINAL: Rejean Boucher

In airplane mode, is the Flap/mixing switch on a JR8103 only limited to two flap settings, that is: fully up or fully extended? Since this switch can be toggled in three steps in heli mode, is there a means of programming the flaps to move to retracted, half or fully extended positions? Curently I have the flaps plugged to Aux 1 and the other flap servo into Aux 3. When I toggled the switch down to land mode the flaps move as advertised but I would like the option of a half setting also. Is it possible within the airplane mode?

Reg
Technically it can be done. (It is much easier with a JR radio that has a three position flap servo channel and switch).

If you use a mix option you will see in the switch-selection-line on the screen that you have the option to uses ON, FLAP, ELEX OR MIX. The LAND and ELEV are on the same physical switch.

You get the follwing three positions. You ignore the options to use these functions

ELEV
OFF
LAND

You will have to use two separate mixes.

- Mix Flap-channel with Flap-channel and then,

- You would need to use one mix to set the position for (ELEV)--which would be the flaps-up s/w position.

- You would dial the mix throws The center position (OFF)--would be 1/2-flap, or whatever you dialed, s/w position.

- Then a second mix would use (LAND)--as the full-flap setting s/w position.

If you are using two flap servos you will probably have to use a total of five mixes

Maybe even six mixes if you want auto-down-trim for each flap setting. There is one auto down-trim option avaialbl in the flap option but it would only work on the full-flap setting.

Thsi note is proably not helpfull but you asked if it could be done with an 8103. The good stuff in the 9303 and beyond obviously costs more.

Regards,

Eric.

P.S. Be sure to dissable the flap-pot-trim-knob value.