RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skybolt hangar and clubhouse
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 05:16 PM
ChrisMH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skybolt hangar and clubhouse

ORIGINAL: tukkus

ChrisMH do you have any pictures of what you did or can you take some? I'd like to do the same as you but I'm kinda scared to cut into the fuse since I didn't build this plane and I'm not sure where it's safe to do so.

Also can anyone tell me how involved it would be to change out the main gear for something stronger. At 12 lbs dry the main gear is mushy and from what i can tell the wood under the main gear is glued to the fuselage. I haven't stripped the covering to look so I'm not really sure but I don't want to start tearing anything apart without knowing exactly what I'm going to be getting into before I start. The guy who built this plane did a great job with the covering and the build, except for the weight this plane was nicely done, with any luck I'll have some pictures later today.
I've updated my build thread to show the hatch modification. The pics are included here, too.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#6028766

As far as the landing gear...if it is built according to the plans, you should be able to cut out the wood on the inside of the gear and the gear will be attached with screws right under that. I modified my gear so that they could be removed since, given their flimsiness, I was quite sure I'd have to bend them back into shape eventually (actually, I already have...they really should be beefier for an airplane this weight).

Chris

Edit: Wrong pic attached
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28524.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	710051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56721.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	710052