RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Cub or G2?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 07:39 PM
surjer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Cub or G2?

Well, you will hear this alot but its really worth listening to. Find yourself a good instructor to help you with your 1st flights.

On the otherhand. I didnt have the luxery of knowing about these forums when I got my plane last xmas. I took it up with no experience what soever. So far I have had about 4 flights and all have gone really well. I think the SuperCub is an EXCELLENT plane to learn on. It is VERY easy to fly. Your local hobby shop probably has Real Flight setup so you can have a go at it a few times. I have since bought real flight and that too is an awesome tool. It really helps you get used to controlling a plane when its coming towards you. Anyways - Personally, I would have rather bought real flight 1st and THEN my plane but I have been lucky in not crashing my plane. LOTS of other people didnt have the same results when they tried to fly with no training on a SIM.. There was a guy at the field not too long ago that was flying his P-51 PTS solo for the 1st time off the sim and he took it up about 5 times and landed safely every time. Another new guy took his up and crashed it about 4 minutes into the flight because he got disoriented.

If it were me I would get the real flight simulator 1st! Then after you can take off and land EVERY TIME you should be ready to get you a trainer plane. The SuperCub is an AWESOME trainer for new guys like us...