View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C a terrorist weapon

ORIGINAL: NorfolkSouthern

It's sad, but this hobby doesn't have the same protection that gun owners enjoy. The right to own and operate an RC model plane isn't garanteed, at least from what I know. If they could be technically listed as a firearm (with a launching, rather than firing nature) instead of an aircraft, perhaps then the hobby would stand a better chance of not being excessively regulated, except for the background checks. On the other hand, they would be under the Second Ammendment which is part of the Bill of Rights. As a result, I bet the government wouldn't be any more likely to come after somebody's 1/4 scale Cap 580 than they would my father's bolt-action hunting rifle. Why not have the AMA become a branch of the NRA?

NorfolkSouthern
They know that messing with gun owners could get nasty. Maybe we should let them know how much damage we can do with a 12 X 6 APC prop at 11,500 rpm. On the other hand they may figure that they don't need to worry about model aircraft, just put restrictions on batteries. Then they could cover the other dangerous delivery devices like cars, boats and robotics.