RCU Forums - View Single Post - Honeybee King v2 tuner shop
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 12:06 AM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

OK...where'd you get the canopy...looks like a T-Rex LOL! Tail looks pretty good but you know what...the stock tail seems fairly good in it's own right. If there's anything I learned with 1 blade CP and 2 CP-Pro's under my belt, don't bling unless it's really needed. I smoked that stock motor and since I thought it was the broke in motor, I've been working on installing the 3100kv brushless and ESC, I'll fit the 11T when it gets here. I also had NO IDEA that the brushless motors, the body turns...what a suprise that was (LOL). I did what you said and went with the JST on the battery...keeps things compatable with common stuff (most 10C 3 cell Li-Po's, etc).
I read the programming guide for the ESC...Yeah, I got it...not really that complicated. I'll read it 3 more times before I actually try to program it. I know I got to program out the brake and a couple other areas that need attention. I did run the motor up a little with out a load...man it's quiet.

Before the motor took a dump tonight, I had some nice flight time with the 290mm blades. They're nice and increase stability a great deal. I was able to execute perfect pirouettes smoothly...normally, I'm jerky doing them. Since it's late, I decided not to program tonight. Some of the settings are self explanitory, others will be a guess on what's right but I'll get 'er done. I'll opt for a more constant headspeed hold in the programming so my hover altitude will be more consistant. Brushed motors flux in speed too much but I don't think I'll see that in brushless.