RCU Forums - View Single Post - Inexpensive 4ch park flyer
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:23 PM
patnchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inexpensive 4ch park flyer

Clovus,
The very first plane I actually flew was the HobbyZone Super Cub (I had several planes before it....LOL) The second plane was a TM400 4 channel. So you could say a actually learned to fly on the TM400. I found it painful to fly in it's stock form and converted it to a Park 400 outrunner, 3s lipo, shortly after....Yes I crashed it several times, and became a master at rebuilding it. (Even fabricating foam sections to replace the ones too badly damaged to repair ..(I used a cooler package left over from an Omaha Steaks order.....LOL)....But, looking back, it wasn't overly difficult to fly....All you needed was to learn patience...and the plane flew itself, if set up properly.....By the way, it was also the first plane I actually did any aerobatics with.....I learned to loop and roll....Not bad for a beginner........That was a year ago. Since then I've joined the AMA, joined a club (not sure that was a good idea ), and now have over ten planes. I mentioned the MUS and the Pulse as the fly similar to glow planes, only smaller. Assuming that the poster is a somewhat experienced flyer, he may find the GWS foamies a little slow, and find it hard to make the adjustment.....Just a thought....Pat