RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can't believe the price of upgrades for 1/5 scales!!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
wyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't believe the price of upgrades for 1/5 scales!!

ORIGINAL: phatjoe

Hello:

I'm new to this forum, and I've posted a few questions regarding the firehammer, FG, etc. I decided to look into the cost of the upgrades....damn it's expensive! [&o]

Ebay has jetpro tuned pipe exhaust going for $189+. An upgraded exhaust for my Toyota FJ Cruiser was running around $200-250. The cold air intake cost me $200 shipped. That's for a REAL life size car. I don't know about you guys, but I was shocked at the cost of the aluminum upgrades...

Just like any hobby...it empties your wallet...

I have noticed the same thing about pricing but I'm kinda use to it since I run touring cars and racing them is very expensive. The FireHammer is pretty fun. I just put a JetPro on my car and it really improves overall performance everywhere from low end to high. It really shines when the motors gets on the pipe at mid range to high as it really pulls hard. Low end comes on about twice as fast as stock. I have no other mods other than the pipe and some shock covers and pull start cover.

I think you will really like the pipe over stock thats for sure. It is like having a new car.