RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Planes from Meister-Scale
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM
langerl
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Planes from Meister-Scale

For my $.02,
1. Could you please consider one of the modeling community's standard scales for the kits you introduce (i.e. 1/5, 1/4.5, 1/4....)? Adding after market details for a 1/5.369 scale RB-36H can be challenging .

2. There have been a number of nice small warbird kits, but for the guys that want something with "Presence" could you please stay at 1/5 or larger scale? (Note the comments about the Bates P40Bs... same goes for me.)

3. Could you consider subjects where there are "holes" in our modeling choices? The PCM 109 and Do335 are on hiatus.... The Robart P38 is MIA. Vailly kits are GREAT but I'd go blind with all the fuse planking. Except for the Platt, I wonder if anyone ever considered modeling anything except an A6M5. Any of a number of Japanese fighters (Ki-43, Ki-84) promise to be lovely, nimble models. There are a couple of excellent Russian warbird plans; no kits though. I know this may be heresy[X(] but could there be any interest in warbird biplanes? How about a Gloster Gladiator, CR-42, F3F, etc.? Best of both worlds.... aerobatics AND warbird nostalgia!

4. And please, if you take the trouble to make some nice glass fuses, could you go one small step further and add most of the major panel lines? And maybe some of the bigger dzus fastners, rivets or prominent latches?

Good luck and best wishes on your efforts. We're all pulling for you!!!