RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whiplash VS. Magnum
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 02:59 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Whiplash VS. Magnum

Now now, everybody back into your corners...

Acetumper1, I don't think Phillybaby is trying to get you all worked up..he's just giving you his opinion based on what he has seen (he does not have to own it to know what it can do...). Just check out the movies on the web site.

Anyway there is a guy at my field who bought a used Magnum that had an os 46 on it (he wanted to get used to it before he equipped it with a better motor). Then he bought a new one with the West 50 motor with pipe, now the plane is a completely different animal (read as there was a considerable speed difference). I have never laughed so hard (read he was shaking all over when landed that plane, and I use the term "land" loosely). Needless to say, the Magnum w/West 50 has been temporarily retired for now (of course I offered to take it off his hands for free).

I don't have any numbers (read as we really don't care too much about the numbers around here....we just go and have fun...). I did try to tach the new Magnum but the guy put it up and won't let me touch it (says its too dangerous....)

I'm sure the Whiplash can fly faster than the Magnum if equipped right (and if you believe the posts in this forum), and I bet money that if you equipped both planes with the same engine you will have similar performance (uh oh...sounds like I'm delving into aerodynamics here).
Now bear in mind that I do not own neither plane you mentioned, I only put in my 2 cents from what I saw(experienced).