RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Skier
Thread: RC Skier
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
jdoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Skier

I built this guy as a joke because I was told I couldn't do it...HA! When I first saw it "run" I could not stop laughing. So, I borrowed a GI Joe figure from my nephew glued up his knees and elbows in a skiing position. My goal was to be as scale as possible, so the guy just floating up on the water was not good enough. I made some skis out of 1/8" polycarbonite I had laying around and mounted the guy to them. I then glued some foam peices to the front of the skis to keep the tips up like you do when you start from the water. I also glued a "life jacket" on the guy so his head would be above water. It was really funny because I didn't expect it to work so well. It is flawless...punch it and he's up and out and really skiing on top of the water and he can take waves too, now that I re-designed the skiis a second time. He's actually quite stable and rarely crashes even in pretty rough water. If he does crash, I just have to wait a second so he floats back into take off position and away he goes. Here's a real quick vid of him skiing by.

http://rcuvideos.com/item/D1JSTD4NR3L54HH3/received

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17283.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	716722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14822.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	716723