RCU Forums - View Single Post - Patriot-Great Flier
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Pete1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot-Great Flier

Hi All,

I finished building my Jett 50 (9x9 APC prop) powered patriot a week ago. I installed the hobico gear and added flaps. This plane came out weighing 6lbs 11.8 ounces or 6 3/4 lbs. The extra weight is probably due to the flap install. 2 extra mini servos plus wiring etc. I covered it in the original scheme with minor deviations on the front for easier covering. I balanced it right in the middle of the CG range. I also left the fake intakes in the box for less drag.

I took it out to the field (Red Barons, Sacramento, CA) for its first flight on Monday. After the initial preflight items, engine run, range check etc. I taxied it out for the nerve racking first flight in 10+mph winds. It turns out there was no reason to be nervous because after a few clicks of up trim it flew like a champ. It cut through the wind like a razor and was very stable and predictable. It likes some speed on landing but rolled right on. I flew it twice and called it a success. I put another 4 flights on it the next day and was looking forward to putting a radar gun on it on Thursday but unfortunately was called out to work out of town for 10 days, darn!

I'll let you know the result of the speed runs with the radar gun when I get back to R/C instead of work. I'll also try to post pictures when I get access to a digital camera.

AWESOME FLYING PLANE!!!!! The only negative thing is being limited to about 4 1/2 minutes of flight time with the 8 ounce tank. I may still be a little on the rich side so I may get the flight time up to 5 minutes. Maybe.

Here are the pictures. More below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	65865_9600.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	37664