RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baja 5B vs. Duratrax Firehammer
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:59 AM
wyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baja 5B vs. Duratrax Firehammer

I have the FH and like it alot. I run with all Baja's but I hate being the same as everyone else so I went with the Firehammer. Really like the car.

All cars will have problems. We sold 9 Baja's at are shop and my Firehammer. The only ones that broke so far are the Baja's. Is it because suck...no but the guys who have them beat the cars. So far 3 broken shock shafts, one siezed motor, 2 blown trasnsmissions, numerous tie rods, tires blowing off rims all the time, and radio going bad.

I'm going to say one car is better than the other or say one sucks like many like to so. Why because in 25 years and working at 4 hobbyshops 95% of the time it is abuse that breaks the cars. Over the years I see guys posting about how everything sucks and when I end up meeting them again most of the time I see why stuff fails.

My Firehammer is not abused and my best friends Baja is not abused. Guess what they are the only two at are shop that have not broken. Plus RTR cars do fall apart if they are not gone over and I don't care who makes them Associated, Losi, Duratrax, Traxxas, and so on we have them fall apart and brought into are shop almost daily. I have never just had cars break from any company unless I beat it down and then I expect it.

These cars/trucks can only take so much punishment and then at 20 plus lbs something must give.

Always buy the car you want and work with it. You are the only one that has to like it.