RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution engines stink!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engines stink!!!!!

OK, after I changed the Glow Plug to a O.S. Glow... It still was acting up. I almost had a "Dead Stick!" When I tried to throttle up, she started to die... I just managed to land without hitting the tall grass at the end of the runway.

I quickly got the plane back on my work table... and I took out the limiter in the Low end Needle Valve, and leaned it as far as I could with the blue coller still on it. I took out the baffle out of the muffler, and I re-sat the Carb.

I had a used thicker black rubber O-ring, and replaced that cheap thin red stock one... and my engine now runs better than ever. I used the thread locker on the allen screws on the carb... I think the carb loosened up a bit giving me the unsteady RPM's.

I put a Small Engine Tach on my plane and I now have a increase of 168 rpms. Maybe because my carb was raised a mm. My low end was part of the problem as well... it was dumping fuel in my carb if I idled for a minute or so, resulting my engine to sputter if I slamed the throttle forward too quickly.

Now I have a slight hesitation... I can live with that.

Thanks Ken for giving me a direction in what to look for, and Mongo2 for the baffle suggestion... and Insanemoondoggie telling me to re-seat the Carb.
My Evo engine runs better than any O.S. that I've had do to doing these things. [8D]

Luftwaffe Oberst
Radio Aero Modelers Club
AMA District II
Pulaski, NY