RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Titan thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
noguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Titan thread

OK, I have my first 4s bench test complete. This is with the CC esc in fixed endpoint mode so that I could verify my gearing is ideal for the target headspeed. all @ zero degree pitch.

- at 75% throttle I was getting about 2400rpm @ this headspeed volts were ~14.6v & amps were ~7.4amps
- at 85% throttle I was getting about 2600rpm. @ this headspeed volts were ~14.5v & amps were ~8.3amps
These are headspeeds that seem plenty fast for my flying. Actually this is my first heli that will even turn these kind of HS's and it was a little unnerving at first spooloing things up this fast. I kept waiting for some part of the heli to fly off and embed into my wall. I did run it up to 2800rpm (peak amps= ~11amps) but this would require a step up to a 11t pinion to allow ample headroom for the governer. Also There was some sort of noise(squeky grind sorta sound) at this headspeed. I dont know where the sound was comming from but after the inspection of the heli there were no signs of damage or wear anywhere????????? []

Here is the chart from the eagle tree.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84833.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	719205