RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Titan thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 11:29 PM
noguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Titan thread

Back again,

I ran out another of the 3 hextronik 4s 2200 pack I recieved today.
Started with a nominal charge @ 14.8v (amount of charge they arrived in mailbox with) esc cutoff was set at 13v (I think I will be bumping this up a bit more as final volts were 12.5v)
Governed at 2500rpm, I held 2-4 degree of pitch most of the time with a few 10degree held periods and some ramdom pitch pumping.
Max draw was 16.8amps and average was 8.8amps
rmps held well all of the way through. ESC WITH GOV'S RULE!!!
I had 9.5 minutes of run time before cutoff (with a nominally charged pack)
Something is wrong with the cum mAh on my ET recorder. It displayed while I was recording but data isnt there now??????

Temps were as follows:
battery 118F
esc 130F (on mosfet side) 140F (on other side)
uBEC 98F
motor 130F
and ET recorder was 110F

This was in 95F ambient temp... (my heatbox upstairs bonus room ) I dont know alot about proper temps but I think everything is well within limits except maybe the lipo. idk??? It only felt warm to touch and didnt feel soft at all. So I think its a good temp.

I think I am even gonna get away with these $35 lipo's for a while. We'll see how many cycles they get though. [sm=72_72.gif]

Well after I get this 3rd pack rundown and brought to a full charge I will take the 3 out to the field for the mini Titan maiden flight, & final tuning. So far my tracking is holding perfect. might be my lower headspeeds but many have had trouble with this so I am watching it closely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig10952.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	719842